Oil and Gas Leasing
Experienced with negotiating the terms of oil and gas exploration leasing for horizontal drilling into the Utica and Marcellus shale formations in southeastern Ohio, paying special attention to drafting landowner protections regarding:
- bonus and royalty payments
- restoration and compensation for surface disturbances
- vertical and horizontal Pugh clauses
- limiting the extent and duration of the force majeure clause
- restrictions on pooling and unitization of lands
Familiar with template leases for Antero Resources Appalachian Corporation and Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. for properties in southeast Ohio counties.