Environmental compliance counseling
Advising clients on the following federal and state regulatory programs:
- Clean Air Act (CAA);
- Clean Water Act (CWA);
- Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA);
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA);
- Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA);
- Bureau of Underground Storage Tank Regulations (BUSTR);
- Wetlands Protection and Restoration;
- Hazardous waste handling and disposal requirements;
- DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation Act;
- OSHA Hazard Communication Standards;
- Ohio’s Voluntary Action Program;
- Ohio’s Cessation of Regulated Operations (“CRO”) regulations; and
- Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments to satisfy the “All Appropriate Inquiry” standard to protect buyers against environmental risks associated with real estate ownership.
Defending clients in civil and criminal enforcement actions brought by USEPA, Ohio EPA, RAPCA and other state and local environmental agencies. Representing clients in federal and state Superfund site cost recovery actions, administrative appeals of Ohio EPA decisions to the Environmental Review Appeals Commission (“ERAC”) and concerned citizen group lawsuits. Litigation related to mold and asbestos contamination.
Providing hands-on assistance to industrial, manufacturing and real estate developer clients with preparation of applications for air emission permits, wastewater discharge permits, pretreatment requirements for indirect discharge permits, storm water permits, Section 401 water quality certifications and wetlands mitigation permits.